Considering Joining Drama Club?
Drama Club is open to students in 8-12 grade
The organization is a forum for all students interested in the theatrical performing arts. The organization welcomes all students interested in performing in theatre as well as the production aspects of these art forms, which include stage management, set design and construction, costuming, lighting, props, and make up.
Sign-ups open at the start of each school year.
Check Canvas announcements for the link.
Dues are $5 per student per school year and are payable by the end of November
What does Dramatics Club do?
- Each year the club puts on at least one show around February. Mostly it's a play, sometimes it's a series of one-acts, usually it's a single full length play. It's up to the club members to decide. On occasion we've put on a second show. In 2019 we held an end of year performance/fundraiser. In 2020 we ventured into the realm of musicals, working with the Music Theater Workshop class to put on The Addams Family Musical. In 2021 we had virtual steaming show. As of 2022, we are glad to be back in person.
- The club has also held improve nights for club members.
- There's a traditional field trip to watch Grove City College's One-Act Festival in the spring.
- We hope to one day do a murder mystery dinner, host writing workshops, maybe even try 72 hour play were student write, learn, and preform a play in the span of 72 hours!
- Students in grades 8-12 can join.
- The advisor is Ms. McMeekin
- Mr. Matt Dinsmore helps with our lighting and sound, as well as taking care of our stage and riggings.
- The cast lists are decided on by club advisors, officers, and a volunteer teacher panel, who all dedicate an evening or two to watch auditions.